Hello, I’m Trish Marin.
I know it can seem daunting to approach someone else about your personal issues. But I’d love to talk with you about how I could help you make changes in your life.
My passion is in helping people to overcome their limitations so they can live and enjoy their lives fully. I was first attracted to becoming a hypnotherapist because I knew that these methods worked – I had been using them on myself for years.
There is a saying that ‘All hypnosis is self hypnosis’. All the hypnotherapist does is to guide you into a state that you could achieve by yourself. And this is something that you can learn how to do. I teach self hypnosis methods as part of my treatments.
My clinical practice includes twelve years of successful hypnotherapy treatment. I have worked with all types of anxiety conditions, phobias and panic attacks. I have specialist qualifications in smoking cessation, weight management and mindfulness teaching.
I am accredited by the General Hypnotherapy Register and the National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists. I abide by their ethical codes which ensure your needs are put first at all times.
I have had a private clinical practice in hypnotherapy in London since 2004.
Here are my some of my qualifications:
- Qualified Hypno-Psychotherapist
- Advanced Diploma (Dip AdvHyp) from the National School of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (NSHAP)
- Registered Teacher of Mindfulness Meditation – qualified to teach Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Qualified Easibirthing Practitioner (Hypnosis for Childbirth)
And my registrations:
- Registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Full Member of the National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists (NRHP)
- Practitioner Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Approved by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC)
- Registered with Hypnotherapy Directory
I completed an initial four-year training in hypnotherapy and psychotherapy and since then have extended my skills through specialist training and kept my knowledge up to date with continual professional development and supervision.
Primarily I am an Ericksonian hypnotherapist, an indirect and individualised approach based on the work of Dr Milton Erickson. I was trained at NSHAP by Ray Keedy Lilley who pioneered this approach in the UK.
I also use a range of complementary techniques in my clinical practice including neuro linguistic programming (NLP), coaching, cognitive behavioural and mindfulness meditation approaches.
Whatever it is that’s concerning you, I’d love to talk.